Why Choose Roses for Valentine’s Day
There are an abundance of flowers to choose from, so what makes roses so special? Roses have traditionally always been associated with strong emotions such as passion, love and sincere admiration. With this in mind, it’s no wonder why these timeless flowers are a popular choice during the most loved up holiday of the year.
How Many Roses To Get For Valentine's Day?
Great question! While this can often come down to budget, it’s important to keep in mind that there are different meanings for the number of roses for Valentine’s Day.
A single rose is simple and helps to effortlessly say ‘I love you’. It’s a great way to display one's utmost devotion to a person.
When it comes to gifting roses on Valentine’s Day, twelve roses has been the most traditional, and will never cease to impress your loved one. For a foolproof number of roses to gift, twelve is our recommended go-to.
If you want to go above and beyond for your person, twenty-four (two dozen) roses will be sure to make a statement. This grand gesture will not only leave your person speechless, but will most definitely be something they won’t forget! If you want to pair this gift with a message, twenty-four roses can be used to symbolise that you’re thinking of them 24 hours a day.
What Colour Rose For Valentine Day?
When it comes to the colour of rose you’d like to get your partner, you’re spoilt for choice! While red roses are the classic choice, this colour may not be everyone’s favourite and your partner may appreciate something a little different.
What Does The Colour Of Roses Mean On Valentine's Day?
Red roses - Red roses can be universally recognised as a symbol of love. This makes this choice of colour extremely popular on Valentine’s Day. It’s important to get in quick when looking to purchase red roses though, as it is the most frequently bought flower during this time, they tend to sell out quickly!
White roses - White roses have the unique symbolism of innocence and purity. These roses are often best used and displayed in more sombre moments. You’ll often see this colour of rose used in weddings or funerals. It’s uncommon to see these flowers gifted on Valentine’s Day.
Pink roses - Pink roses generally symbolises gratitude and joy, however, the different shades of pink may have varied meanings. Darker pink roses can mean ‘thank you’ and help to display your appreciation for some, whereas a pale pink is commonly suggested for sympathetic occasions. Despite this, the standard pink colour you find on roses can be used for a multitude of occasions.
Yellow roses - Yellow roses can be used more casually, and make great gifts for friends or family! As it’s not necessarily associated with romantic significance, these roses would be perfect for Galentine’s Day.
Orange roses - Orange roses are the perfect mix of red and yellow roses, with its symbolism surrounding passion and enthusiasm. If red roses aren’t your partner’s vibe, orange roses make for the perfect Valentine’s Day substitute.
How Long are Long Stem Roses?
Regardless of which coloured rose you decide to gift, a common follow up we florists receive this time of year is ‘how long are long stem roses?’. At Amazing Graze Florist, our long stem roses are “” in length.
How to Make Long Stem Roses Last Longer
There are a few ways you can get the most out of your Valentine’s Day flowers and roses, with some of the steps being easier than you might think! See below for tips from our experienced team of florists:
- Remove the roses from the wrapping or box in which you bought or received them.
- Recut the stems as soon as you can.
- When selecting the vessel you’d like to have your roses displayed, ensure that it is clean prior to filling it with water and adding your flowers to it.
- Ensure that the roses are placed in a cool place, away from dry heat and direct sunlight.
- When you receive your roses, you’ll often find flower food also provided. Add this to the vase in which your roses have been placed.
- Replace the water regularly
How to Preserve Long Stem Roses
To preserve and help to make your roses last forever, you can try the tips below:
- Trim and air dry the roses, removing them from any liquid. It is important to do this prior to seeing the roses wilt.
- Freeze dry your roses. This method can be more expensive if you or a friend don’t already have an air dryer. Unless you’re thinking of doing it consistently, this method isn’t recommended.
- Looking to start a new hobby? Try resin! There are an endless amount of things you can make with resin - pendants, trays, or anything your heart desires really. There are numerous tutorials online on how to make a resin item, why not add your roses to them and have them instilled in something you handmade.
Where To Buy Roses For Valentine's Day
If you’re located in Victoria, try Amazing Graze Flowers. While we offer a huge selection of rose boxes and arrangements, we also have plenty of other flowers to choose from! To browse our extensive range of Valentine’s Day specials, click here!
For more information or to enquire about a specific arrangement you’d like created, feel free to call us on +61 (3) 9374 2929.